VENUEArusha International Conference Centre (AICC)
Afrika Mashariki Road
AICC Complex, Ngorongoro Building
Registration fees include participation in all conference sessions and daily catering (coffee breaks and lunch).
The registration desk, located in the hallway on level 0, will offer the following services: on-site registrations, credit card payments, provision of receipts, badge printing.
All delegates will be issued with a name badge at registration. This badge will be the official pass to all sessions, coffee breaks and conference related events. All participants and guests are required to wear their name badges at all times while on-site, for safety and security reasons.
All Plenary Sessions will take place in the Simba Hall. The Parallel Sessions will take place in the Mbayuwayu Room (M) and Tausi Room (R)
Please see the following pages for the schedule (last update 14th October 2013):
- Plenary Day 1
- A1 – Grand Challenges & Frontiers of African Climate Research to Inform Adaptation Decision-making in the 21st century in Africa
- Parallel Session B1: Modelling and Predicting Climate Impacts
- Parallel Session B2: Mainstreaming climate services
- Side Event S1 – Africa Development Bank Pilot Program for Climate Resilience
- Side Event S2 – NORWAY GFCS Project Launch Event
- Plenary Day 2
- A2 – State of Knowledge, Research Gaps and Strategies to Address Research Gaps – Towards Coordinated Pan-African Research – Short Range Planning and Extremes Preparedness
- Parallel Session B3: Climate Variability and Predictability
- Parallel Session B4 – Observations for Monitoring, Understanding and Predicting Climate
- Side Event S3 – ACMAD: Losses and Damages due to extreme climate events
- Side Event S4 – HYVIC Project
- Plenary Day 3
- A3 – State of Knowledge, Research Gaps and Strategies to Address Research Gaps – Towards Coordinated Pan-African Research – Long Term Planning
- Parallel Session B5: Africa in a Changing Climate
- Parallel Session B6: Regional Downscaling, Forecast Uncertainty and Verification
- Side Event S5 – AMCOMET, UNESCO, GFCS, IRDC Side Event
- Side Event S6 – Future Climate Future Africa (FCFA), DfID/CDKN
- Plenary Day 4
- A4 – Advancing Climate Research Frontiers – Priority Research Gaps to Address Critical Climate Service Needs of End-Users, Policy Developers and Vulnerable Communities in Africa
- A5 – Climate Research Programs to Address Priority Climate Research Gaps and Inform Adaptation Decision-Making in Africa – Summary of Conclusions and Lessons Learned from ACC2013
- A6 – Closing Session
The poster sessions are an important method of scientific communication, as they can efficiently convey messages to a large audience while offering the possibility for in depth explanations and discussions that are not possible during oral sessions. Posters should be on display as outlined in the above schedule. Poster should be put up at the start of the scheduled display time and taken off at the end of the scheduled display time. Authors should be in attendance during the session and are expected to stand by their poster in order to answer questions.
P0 – Programs
P1 – Modelling and Predicting Climate Impacts
P2 – Mainstreaming Climate Information
P3 – Climate Variability and Predictability
P4 – Observations for Monitoring, Understanding and Predicting Climate
P5 – Africa in a Changing Climate
P6 – Regional Downscaling, Forecast Uncertainty and Verification
BEST POSTER AWARDS
A distinguished review committee will select the best poster for each poster session. The final day closing Plenary Session will feature a Best Poster Award ceremony and the selected posters will be recognized.
The booths are located in the Piazza area (Marquee tent) where they can be easily accessed by participants all the time especially during break sessions.
- Africa Development Bank
- University of Dar-es-Salaam
- Centre for Climate Change Studies (CCCS)
- Institute of Resource Assessment (IRA)
- College of Engineering and Technology (COeT)
- Directorate of Knowledge Exchange (KE)
- Directorate of Knowledge Research
LUNCHES AND BREAKS
Lunches and breaks will be served at Piazza area (Marquee tent). Participants are not allowed to bring any food or drinks inside the conference rooms.
Internet access (4 mbps) will be available in all areas within AICC.
The organizing committee will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by participants or loss of or damage to their personal property as a result of the conference or related events.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. The conference participants must accept personal responsibility for insurance against travel risk and injury. While the organizers will make every effort to observe best safety practices, the organizers encourage all participants to purchase adequate medical and liability insurance. Participants save and hold harmless the organizers from any and all claims, losses and damages, on account of events beyond their control.